The 66 region, a lateral belt across the north of England, has plenty to shout about. The 66 awards are here to reward those things and shout about them.
The 66 encompasess the districts/counties of, Allerdale, Carlisle, Copeland, Darlington, Durham, Eden, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland, and Stockton on Tees.
The 66 ethos is all about being progressive, looking after our planet, living well. With two energy coasts on either side in Cumbria and Teesmouth and a big piece of some of the best landscape in between, the 66 is entitled to call itself The Green Place. We all know that with pressure on our environment and the climate that we must value and look after our place.
As well as valuing the environment we also celebrate the things that keep us up to date and progressive – things like digital innovation and design and new and entrepreneurial ideas and businesses. We have these across the 66 and these awards are here to reward them.
Culture also plays a big part in making this the best place to live – be that festivals, gigs, food, activities, podcasters, instagramers – culture is how we live and across the 66 we live really well. Some of the best things in all these aspects are here – we can’t name them because that would look like favouritism, but you know what those things are!
The Rules of Entry
All entrants must live in or have made a significant contribution to 66 region ie in the Districts of Copeland, Allerdale, Eden, Carlisle, County Durham, Middlesbrough, Stockton, Hartlepool, Darlington, Redcar and Cleveland. Click image on left for a detailed map
All entrants must be aged 18 and over (the person being entered could be younger but we need the form to be filled in by a legal adult).
66 Awards Terms & Conditions_
1. The organiser of The66 Awards is Eden Arts ltd.
2. By entering The66 awards, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them.
3. Entrants must be completed in full and submitted through the dedicated submission website by the deadline stated on the site.
4. The prize for each winner will be a trophy, there is no cash alternative.
5. The shortlisted and winning entrants will be published on the organisers website.
6. The organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to the entrants.
7. The organiser reserves the right to move an entry from one category to another as they see fit. This means you may be shortlisted for an award other than the one you originally submitted to.
8. Winners and nominees may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their names and images being used for such purposes.